Graduation will be held at Erwin Lee Field on Friday, May 25th starting at 8:00 pm. The ceremony will be live streamed. The link will be posted at www.nisd.us on Friday moring and will go live starting at 7:45 pm.
|IMPORTANT NOTICE: Once you click on any one of the following links, you will leave this website. Please note that we are not responsible for any content posted on these websites or the design of these websites.|
|Anonymous Student Bullying Report/el anonimato informa de intimidacion de estudiantes de NISD|
|K12 Alerts System|
|Navarro's Weather Bug|
|Region XIII Educational Service Center|
|Show All »|
At the March 26th School Board meeting the 2018-2019 calendar was adopted. Click the link above to view it.
In the wake of last week’s tragedy in Florida there is much grief, horror, and worry in our minds and hearts. There are many legitimate concerns about the safety of our students. Here are some of the things we do:
• We employ a Guadalupe County Sheriff’s Deputy every school day to patrol the entire perimeter, walk the buildings, and to be a highly visible presence. The deputy responds immediately to campus calls. I believe this is the biggest deterrent we have to discourage someone from approaching our schools with violence in mind. The Sheriff also provides extra security to us during times of heightened concern. Our local Constable is also often a visible presence.
• Our maintenance staff and groundskeepers are part of the security effort, too, and know to alert us if they see anyone or anything out of the ordinary. They are out and about in their golf carts all day long.
• We have upgraded our external camera presence significantly and will install more soon.
• The Elementary School entrance was altered a couple of years ago to direct entry into the office area instead of the hallway. The New Intermediate School will have an even safer entrance with reinforced glass in the office area and in classroom doors. The district’s architect is designing alterations to the High School entry area that the Board of Trustees will consider soon. Other areas remain more difficult to secure due to outdated design.
• Each campus and the Central Office use Raptor software to screen visitors.
• We are in the process of upgrading our radio system of communication and have entered talks with the Seguin Police Department and the Sheriff’s Office to provide ALICE training for our staff and students. Everyone needs to know and practice more options than the old lockdown drill.
• There is an anonymous form on the district’s webpage at nisd.us for reporting bullying or threats.
Our best defense against threat is trust and communication. Please tell your children “If you see (or hear) something, SAY something.” Tell a parent, a teacher, a bus driver, an administrator—someone who can investigate or who will report to someone who will investigate. We will notify parents and staff if we receive any threat that we or our law enforcement officers believe to be credible. We will take action with the help of law enforcement—I promise!
The down side of communication is that panic is sometimes created by rumor or misinformation. Please talk to the children about the chaos and damage that unsubstantiated rumors can cause. Please report what you hear from others or see on social media. Capture a screen shot if possible of anything that looks scary, but don’t spread it further. Tell us or call the sheriff. Let the law investigate.
Please feel free to contact me at any time with your concerns. If I am not in the office, I will see and hear your message in my email. Working together we can have vigilance without creating fearful children.
(830)372-1930 Ext. 6001
The Sharing Table is a place where students can place unopened food and drinks that they choose not to eat or drink. This provides an opportunity for other students to take additional helpings of food or beverages fro the Sharing Table at no cost to them.
Navarro ISD’s Panthers Feeding Panthers program is collecting food. Items can be dropped off at the Elementary campus or monetary donations can be given to the Elementary secretary. Please make checks payable to Panthers Feeding Panthers.
The district will post information in regards to school closings or late starts on the district and campus web pages, Facebook, and on KWED 1580 am.
Apply for Free and Reduced meals, add money to your child's account, see what your child is eating for lunch and breakfast all in one place.
Printed copies of scores will not be available for mail out until early July. If you would like to view your child's scores, TEA has made them available online for parents to view at http://www.texasassessment.com. Parents will need to login using a unique access code. If you do not have/know your child's access codes, click the "where's my unique access code" link. Then enter your child's first name, his/her ss# (without dashes) and his/her birthdate.
The High School earned a Bronze recognition for high-performance on state exams, their graduation rate and college readiness scores.
Navarro ISD will be issuing alerts via text messaging through our K12 Alerts system starting May 1st. If you would like to receive alerts via text messaging, you will need to login and update your cell phone options. Our system has been upgraded to allow 2 cell phone entries per account. Click the link above to login to your account.
***Messages sent via text messaging might cause a fee to be charged to your cell phone bill. Navarro ISD is not responsible for any fees***
The district will run a test alert on Thursday evening April 27th.
Joint Base San Antonio School Liaison Office (SLO) helps parents ease the transition of the mobile military lifestyle and can assist prior to your PCS, upon arrival, while at your installation and when you prepare to depart for your next duty station.
ImmTrac is an electronic immunization registry that your vaccinations were reported to by your doctors as you grew up. In order to keep these records available electronically to you as an adult you will need to fill out the adult consent form that was sent home through your English class this week. Mail the form in between your 18th and 19th birthday or your record will be deleted from the system. Extra forms are available in the nurse’s office. Click the link to get a copy of the form.
NO VEHICLES OR SKATEBOARDS
NO CHEWING GUM
NO SUNFLOWER SEEDS
NO METAL CLEATS
NO GLASS, CANS OR FOOD
PLASTIC WATER BOTTLES ONLY
Navarro Independent School District parents and community members are welcome to come to the Navarro High School library Monday through Thursday from 4:00-5:30 P.M. and until 7:00 P.M. on Tuesday Nights.
Check out Navarro ISD's Student Health and Wellness Program
Official Navarro Facebook Page!
Location: Elementary Cafeteria
HS Band Banquet @ McKenna Center in New Braunfels 6:30 PM
Site Council Meeting
Date: 5/23/2018, 3:45 PM – 4:45 PM
4th/5th/6th Awards Assemblies
Date: 5/24/2018, 8 AM – 1 PM
Senior Trip to Festia Texas
Date: 5/24/2018, 8 AM – 6 PM
Pre K Graduation
Date: 5/24/2018, 9:30 AM – 10 AM
|Show Calendar »|
|Show All Events »|