All nonschool literature intended for distribution on school campuses or other District premises under this policy shall be submitted to the Superintendent for prior review in accordance with the following:
1. Materials shall include the name of the person or organization sponsoring the distribution.
2. Using the standards found in this policy at Limitations on Content, the Superintendent shall approve or reject submitted materials within two school days of the time the materials were received.
The information on the flyer must serve to benefit students and must not interfere, conflict, or compete with programs offered by the ISD. The district reserves the right to deny any request.
The following materials will NOT be approved for distribution
1. The materials are obscene, vulgar, or otherwise inappropriate for the age and maturity of the audience.
2. The materials endorse actions endangering the health or safety of students.
3. The materials promote illegal use of drugs, alcohol, or other controlled substances.
4. The distribution of such materials would violate the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or other rights of another person.
5. The materials contain defamatory statements about public figures or others.
6. The materials advocate imminent lawless or disruptive action and are likely to incite or produce such action.
7. The materials are hate literature or similar publications that scurrilously attack ethnic, religious, or racial groups or contain content aimed at creating hostility and violence, and the materials would materially and substantially interfere with school activities or the rights of others.
8. There is reasonable cause to believe that distribution of the nonschool literature would result in material and substantial interference with school activities or the rights of others.
Review the full policy here
Our district wants families to know about valuable programs and resources in the community. To facilitate delivery of this information, approved community organizations can send their flyers home to families digitally through Peachjar.
Requesting Flyer Approval
To request flyer approval, follow the steps outlined below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will not be distributed.
Register as an Enrichment Provider/Community Organization (account type).
Upload your flyer for approval.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office for approval. Please note there is a fee to distribute flyers through Peachjar, but the cost is typically less than printing and delivery. Please review the Peachjar Community Free Flyer Policy for more information about promoting a free event.