Welcome to Navarro Middle School, home of the Panthers. As Principal of Navarro Jr. High, along with a dedicated and knowledgeable staff, we will create a challenging environment aimed at helping students reach their potential. We will also strive to provide a safe and nurturing environment for all of our students. Navarro Jr. High would like to encourage parents to participate in your child’s education. Volunteering is a great way to become directly involved in your child’s education. I believe that strong parent/school partnerships are a key to helping our students succeed.
I look forward to working with you and your child this school year; please contact me at 830-401-5550 or at firstname.lastname@example.org , if I can be of any assistance.
TIPS FOR SURVIVING JR. HIGH
- Organization- Parents help your children stay organized. Review your child’s agenda planner daily. Use the planner to communicate with your child’s teachers.
- Time Management- Parent help your child manage their time wisely. Students are involved in many activities and may need help developing a schedule that will allow them to accomplish their entire task. Parents be sure to set aside time to complete homework. Homework time should be scheduled at the same time everyday.
- Along with a set time for studying, students need a quiet place to study and complete their homework. This area should be free of distractions and quiet, with adequate lighting.
- Communicate with your child’s teachers. All teachers have a personal web-site; on the web-site you will find current lesson plans, homework assignments, and schedules for those teachers.
- Attendance – Make sure that your child attends school everyday. You children miss out when they miss school.